Decks, internal gutters, podiums, roofs and sill waterproofing
Waterproofing is an essential part of the building process. When water gets into a building it can cause major structural problems. By the time you see water damage inside your building, it has often already caused problems where you can’t see them.
Therefore the waterproofing of decks, internal gutters, podiums, roofs, and window/door sills is very important.
There are many different membranes that can be used for the waterproofing of these areas.
Types of membranes we use and recommend are:
- TPO (ThermoPlastic Polyolefin)
- Liquid products
When choosing a membrane, factors to consider are:
- The surface material that needs waterproofing, i.e., wood, concrete, etc…,
- What the area to be waterproofed is used for, i.e. is it a trafficable area,
- Will another covering be going over the waterproof membrane, such as tiles for a deck
- The size and location of the area
- Whether there are habitable areas below
- What sort of look you want or will you not see it
- Cost of waterproofing
If your architect has not specified a membrane then NECTAR can advise you on the right waterproofing membrane for your job, whether it be for a new build, renovation or remedial work. If necessary, often with a Council consented job, a specification is required. We can work with waterproofing membrane suppliers who can provide you with the written specification.